- Battle, M., S. Mikaloff Fletcher, M. L. Bender, R. F. Keeling, A. C. Manning, N. Gruber, P. P. Tans, M. B. Hendricks, D. T. Ho, C. Simonds, R. Mika, and B. Paplawsky, Atmospheric potential oxygen: New observations and their implications for some atmospheric and oceanic models, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 20, doi:10.1029/2005GB002534, 2006.
- Bender, M., T. Ellis, P. Tans, R. Francey, and D. Lowe, Variability in the O2/N2 ratio of southern hemisphere air, 1991-1994: Implications for the carbon cycle, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 10, 9-21, doi:10.1029/1095GB03295, 1996.
- Bender, M. L., M. Battle, and R. F. Keeling, The O2 balance of the atmosphere: A tool for studying the fate of fossil-fuel CO2, Annu. Rev. Energy Environ., 23, 207-223, 1998.
- Keeling, R. F., Measuring correlations between atmospheric oxygen and carbon dioxide mole fractions: A preliminary study in urban air, Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, 7, 153-176, 1988.
- Keeling, R. F., and S. R. Shertz, Seasonal and interannual variations in atmospheric oxygen and implications for the global carbon cycle, Nature, 358, 723-727, doi:710.1038/358723a358720, 1992.
- Keeling, R. F., B. B. Stephens, R. G. Najjar, S. C. Doney, D. Archer, and M. Heimann, Seasonal variations in the atmospheric O2/N2 ratio in relation to the kinetics of air-sea gas exchange, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 12, 141-163, 1998.
- Stephens, B. B., R. F. Keeling, M. Heimann, K. D. Six, R. Murnane, and K. Caldeira, Testing global ocean carbon cycle models using measurements of atmospheric O2 and CO2 concentration, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 12, 213-230, 1998.
Alex Etchells 2008